1. Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
2. Demonstrate critical thinking skill and making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
3. Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
4. Provide preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
5. Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
6. Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and teamwork.
7. Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in medical health settings.
8. Participate effectively as members of the health team in healthcare delivery system.
9. Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/community health settings.
10. Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
11. Demonstrate awareness, interest, and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession